100 years in Hiroshima. Together with the growth of the city and the evolution of things.

February 1900 At the suggestion of Soichiro Asano, the first president of Asano Cement, the company "Cement Barrel", a structural materials manufacturer under the private management of Hidetaro Kirihara, was founded in Tsurumi-cho in Hiroshima City as a contracted factory of Asano Cement, Ltd.
Around 1902-1903 The company moves to Honkawajiri, Funairi Kawaguchi-cho, Hiroshima City (its current location).
November 1918 Kirihara Seihaku Co., Ltd. was established (100,000 yen capital) with Hidetaro Kirihara as President and the company head office located at 78 Tera-machi in Hiroshima City. The company took over some of the above-mentioned business operations.
December 1923 Capital is increased to 160,000 yen.
May 1928 On the instructions of company president Soichiro Asano, an assembly plant for barrels to be exported was constructed using German-made barrel-making machines in Hikoshimadeshimatsu in Shimonoseki City. Assembly of semi-processed goods from Hiroshima at this factory and supplying of finished barrels to the Asano Cement Moji Factory start.
1932 Production of barrels for mineral oil and industrial chemicals starts.
September 1933 Manufacture of paper bags for cement starts.
Supplying of these to Toyokoatsu (Omuta and Hikoshima) and Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. (Kurosaki) starts.
November 1934 Company name is changed to Kirihara Container Factory Co., Ltd.
Fall 1943 A massive fire occurs at the factory.
August 1945 The factory is destroyed by the A-bomb.
October 1945 Founding president Hidetaro Kirihara passes away and Shinjiro Kirihara is named as the new president (second generation).
July 1949 Manufacture of paper bags for fertilizer starts.
Two large-size bag-making machines are installed.
April 1956 Production of PVC bags (for fertilizer) starts.
June 1957 Production of cardboard cases and polyethylene bags for industrial chemicals starts.
May 1958 Supplying of special cardboard cases for use in packing jackhammers to Toyo Kogyo (currently Mazda) starts.
January 1960 Corrugating Machine No. 1 is newly installed. (Machine No. 1 operates until around 1965.)
Around 1962 Production of heavy-duty polyethylene bags starts.
April 1963 Corrugating Machine No. 2 starts operation.
1967 Hideo Kirihara (managing director at that time) finds out about the existence of C-flute cardboard sheets while on an inspection trip of small and medium companies in the US.
June 1972 Production and sales of large one-way bags start.
August 1973 Additional flexo folder gluers and palletizers are installed.
Around 1974 C-flute single facers are introduced for the first time in corrugating machines.
November 1975 Shinjiro Kirihara becomes the chairperson and Hideo Kirihara is named as president (third generation).
September 1977 Cardboard finishing factory and product warehouse are completed.
September 1978 L-LD polyethylene-dedicated extruder is completed.
September 1982 Additional large die-cut unit machines are installed and production of die-cut cardboard cases for large automobile parts starts.
August 1984 No-finger take up devices (C-flute) are newly installed to corrugating machines.
January 1992 Jumbo die-cutter is newly installed.
November 1994 Capital is increased to 10 million yen.
April 1996 Moji Factory is closed.
February 1997 Compressing equipment for used cardboard is installed to promote the recycling of used cardboard.
February 2000 The company celebrates its 100th anniversary and holds a memorial ceremony and celebration to mark the occasion.
May 2000 Flexo die-cutters (FD) are upgraded.
June 2000 New building for cardboard office is constructed.
January 2001 CAD-controlled sample cutter is newly installed.
January 2004 Jumbo printer-slotter die-cutter is newly installed.
June 2004 New building for head office is constructed.
August 2005 Boilers are upgraded. (Fuel is changed from fuel oil A to natural gas to reduce the environmental load.)
January 2008 Flexo folder gluers (FFG) are upgraded.
August 2010 Completed automated gluing machines are installed.
November 2010 Hideo Kirihara becomes the chairperson and Shinichiro Kirihara is named as president (fourth generation).
August 2011 Single facers of corrugating machines are upgraded.
January 2012 Slitter-scorers of corrugating machines are upgraded.
June 2013 Two-story steel-frame factory and cafeteria building is newly constructed.
July 2013 Two-piece gluers are newly installed.
September 2013 A section of the brick wall is removed due to the dismantlement of brick walls registered with Hiroshima City as buildings damaged by the A-bomb. The removed section is preserved as a monument of the bombing.
September 2013 Plate punching machine is newly installed.
January 2015 Jumbo printer-slotter die-cutter is newly installed.